Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Book List

I have an hour commute to work every morning and an hour drive back home. That's 10 hours per week of audio book listening time! I love to read printed books at home and books on my Kindle when I'm away from home. Thus, I have two or three mediums in which I read, none of which take away from the time of the others. In the past I used to be able to handle 2 or 3 books at a time at most. But now it's 2 or 3 books per medium.

Here's a list of the books I've read recently:

1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
2. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
3. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas (In progress)
4. Seventh Son Book One by J.C. Hutchins (In progress)
5. The Shack by William P. Young (In progress)
6. Half Moon Investigations by Eoin Colfer
7. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle (In progress)
8. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke (In progress)
9. The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett (In progress)
10. All but the last of the Harry Potter series
11. Murder at Avedon Hill by P.G. Holyfield

Books I plan to read next:
1. Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis
2. Redwall by Brian Jacques
3. Saint, Sinner, Showdown, etc. by Ted Dekker
4. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
5. The Godfather by Mario Puzo, Robert Thompson, and Peter Bart
6. 1984 by George Orwell
7. 'Til We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
8. The Silmarilion by J.R.R. Tolkien
9. The Legend of Sigud and Gudrun by J.R.R. Tolkien
10. ?

I can't believe it. I actually have a spot open for a book! I'm sure I could fill it with a quick search at my favorite book stores, but I'd much rather have someone recommend books to me. Anyone have an idea what I could fill that last slot with? I was tempted to put Stardust by Neil Gaiman there but I already have two of his books on my list and I like to be varied. I suppose I could put down the second book of Pratchett's disc world series, but that goes without saying since I'm reading the first one.

By the way, congrats to Neil Gaiman on winnnig the Hugo award for Best Novel!

3 comments:

  1. Oh-Oh! You've been spotted by the FBI (Father Bureau of Investigation)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I guess I'll have to try harder next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the inequality:

    Out of the Silent Planet < Perelandra < That Hideous Strength

    (i.e. progressively enjoyable) If you read OTSP, you must read the other two. Being rather young at the time, I didn't quite understand the first half of THS, but the later half made up for it. Don't read any excerpts or synopses or you will spoil it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete