Monday, November 29, 2010

NaNoFiMo on the horizon

I had high hopes for NaNoWriMo this year. And I still do.

But seeing as how I'm still at only 18k and there are only two days left (well, ok, a day and one evening) of November, I doubt I'll make it.

I am, however, going to try to write as much as I can before midnight on Tuesday.

That being said, for the first time that I've known about it, I'm looking forward to NaNoFiMo: National Novel Finishing Month. It's for those who weren't quite able to reach the 50k deadline but still want to go for it.

I'm looking at the calendar and thinking "These are the worst possible two months out of the year to have these events! Who decides these things anyway?"

So I have an idea cooking up in the back of my brain. At some point, I want to host my own month of novel writing. But not anywhere close to the holidays or the start of school. Oh, and not during April either because that's National Poetry Month.

Not that anyone will remember this post six months from now, but the thought was on my mind.

For those of you doing NaNoWriMo, and especially those who just need to push forward a little bit more to reach their goal, go for it! If you've finished already or just want to proclaim your word count, post it in the comments. Go ahead, boast. Or, if your word count is like mine and not worth boasting about, post it anyway because you know what? It is worth boasting about. We might not have reached 50k but I know that I wrote 18k words more than I would have otherwise, which is something to be proud about.

1 comment:

  1. :) yay Reesha! I think you are amazing! I'm glad you still read my blog! I haven't really been writing lately at all except for school so I haven't had anything to post on my creative vortex blog. If I do think of anything to post, it's nice to know someone reads it :)
    That's fantastic you wrote 18,000 words- that's a lot. I'm definitely impressed. I think June would be a good month to write a Novel in. or August.

    ReplyDelete