Wednesday, September 8, 2010

NaNoWriMo - Who's with me?

I've decided that I'm going to do NaNoWriMo this year, but I don't want to do it alone.

If you are even remotely interested, click HERE to find out all about it.

National Novel Writing Month is in November, during which I shall endeavor to write an entire book. (A book being defined as at least 50,000 words.)

It sounds crazy. It sounds counterproductive. But I've done it before and not only is it fun, it's a great way to begin a new book. I was on the fence about doing NaNoWriMo this year because I'm *this close* to finishing a novel. I didn't want to start a new one. But for some reason, I'm a little stuck on that novel right now, and I think starting something fresh will give me enough of a break to get over myself and finish writing it.

I'd like to rally those around me who are participating. I've done this two years in a row now, and though it was fun, it was a lonely business. I'd like to organize my own NaNo group.

We'd encourage each other, talk about our stories, our word count goals and successes/failures, and hopefully have at least one write-in (where we get together at a coffee shop and write).

This will be fun. This will be amazing.

My NaNoWriMo name is Leolewis. If you want to connect during November about writing, post your NaNoWriMo name in the comments below.

And, if you are doing NaNoWriMo, how are you preparing for it? I've already started on my outline, and it's so exciting.

2 comments:

  1. I am so totally in! :D
    I'll tell you about my idea for it on either Saturday (at picnic, if you are there) or on the next Sunday that I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!!!! I'm so excited to hear that, Gracia!
    Can't wait to hear your idea. I won't be at the picnic Saturday because we'll be visiting my husband's side of the family that weekend (so I also won't be at church). But sometime soon. You can always call me too. :)

    ReplyDelete