Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Different kinds of metaphors

Hello there.
I recently had a conversation with my friend Sarah and we discussed how many different metaphors there are.
Sometime soon I intend to put up the many different metaphors on a continuum so we can see their differences and how they're used.

Also, have you ever noticed how many metaphors are in the Bible? It's amazing when you actually start paying attention to them.

More later. For now, the MDA:

Use these two words in a metaphor somehow:

Dart
Bee

My example:
The heat-seeking dart flew like a bee looking for honey: able to track, but not always able to hit its target.

1 comment:

  1. My flawless execution of my first metaphor was ruined through no fault of my own, like a perfectly thrown dart thwarted by a lost bee.

    ReplyDelete